Friday, January 1, 2010

Update

Happy New Year 2010!! Things are going along. I have not binged or purged since December 8th. I have reached my goal of making it to the new year. My goal now is to make it to January 8th, making it a month. I am taking baby steps. I find that making shorter goals is more manageable for me. When I set my expectations too high, I tend to get a bit overwhelmed and I fall. Christmas day ended up going okay. Not the great, amazing, Christmas I had envisioned, but again, I think I set my goal way too high. I did well, and things went well. Recovery is going good. Christmas eve was just a depressing evening, and I made it through, even though it was rough. I got to see my old therapist today and it was so good to see her, even though I had such a hard time leaving her. I got to update her on how things are going and what I have been up to. It was nice. Yesterday, I finished my application for EVMS, and submitted it. So that is done. It is now up to God whether I get in. If I do I am off to Norfolk in the fall. If I don't, no big deal.....I will try again next year, after the art classes are behind me, I have built up my portfolio, and perhaps had more time to do some volunteer work in the field. Sure I will be disappointed, but I can always try again. I start the art classes at the community college on January 12th, I believe. I am excited about it. I haven't taken art classes since high school, I have missed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment