Thursday, January 20, 2011

God is Working

God is working in my life.  Things are going well.  Ever since that day, last week, I have continued to stay positive.  I am still without any ED behaviors, almost 3 months now.  I am not going back.  I made a very big decision this week that I have been praying about.  I decided to join the new church I have been attending.  I went to the new members class, and I could just feel God speaking to my heart to join.  The pastor is AMAZING.  I also went to the Ladies night and a bible study the next two nights.  I really enjoyed it.  I really liked meeting some people my age, and learning more about God's word and the Bible.  I have always loved learning about the Bible, but have always felt somewhat hesitant to do it on my own for fear of becoming misguided due to lack of my own understanding.....but now I feel so empowered!  I feel like I have the tools in place to really learn and dig into the word.  I am very excited about it.  I am discovering what the word says about loving yourself, and not being anxious.  It is really starting to help me and sink in.  I know I will never be perfect, but it is helping ease some things.....slowly but surely, I know I am going to get there.  It was so awesome, too, because I have really been thinking about where I want to go in life, since I have given up the Art Therapy.  What is my passion?  Where is my heart?  I just felt really confirmed last night at Bible Study because the topic was just that.  It was on finding your passion and what that should feel like and be like for you.  I did not get a revelation in the class all of a sudden of what I wanted to do, but the class gave me a lot of hope.  That God will and wants to reveal my passion to me, and that he will.  I just have to keep praying and searching, and I will find it.  Also, that the road to finding my passion may not be a straight one.  There may be twists and turns along the way, but I will find it!  It was just very positive, and really helped me to feel like I was doing the right things.  So I am still on the hunt for my passion, but feel like I am making progress.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Mary! I just read your last two posts. How inspiring!! You are so amazing and so brave for making all these decisions to take care of yourself and make your wellness a priority. Thank you for being so honest and sharing. I too struggle with finding my passion and figuring out what to do with my life. It is so frustrating! My sister recently recommended a book to me called Just Do Something by Kevin DeYoung that has been soooo helpful to me! It has to do with living out God's will for your life and for me relieved a HUGE burden I had been placing on myself. Keep up the hard work! Love, Kristin

    ReplyDelete