Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sick :( YUCKY!!!

Yep, I am sick.  I hadn't been feeling so hot, so I broke down and went to Urgent Care on Sunday morning.  I had a sore throat, and I thought it might be Strep, so when they told me that I did in fact have strep throat, I wasn't all that surprised, what came next, though, I was NOT expecting.  I have Mono, as well!! YUCK!  A double dose of sickness.  Yesterday and the beginning of today have not been so great.  I've felt really tired, and just down.  They put me on Penicillin, and I was afraid it wasn't working.  But later on this morning, I started feeling somewhat better.  I am so thankful!!  They told me it would take about 1-2 months to get over the Mono.  I am feel very lucky that I have this time to recover from it before I start school!

Things are going really well.  My dad is doing really well after his hip replacement, although I haven't been able to see him the past 2 days for fear that I will give him strep or mono.  After today, though I am not contagious anymore, so I will get to see him.  It is amazing how quickly he is recovering.  I am so proud of him.

Things with my boyfriend are going great.  We are planning a trip this summer to Memphis, TN.  To see Elvis' home, Graceland.  It should be really fun.  We are both really excited about it.  I am also looking forward to possibly going home with him to his hometown not this weekend but next weekend to Morgantown, WV to visit his family.  I know I will be really nervous, but I definitely want to meet them.

I am still excited about school starting.  I get nervous sometimes still about whether or not I am going to be able to handle it all, but I am just trusting that once I get into it, things will all fall into place.  I am actually considering the possibility of teaching in a private school now.....if teaching in a public school ends up not appealing to me.  I don't know, we'll see.  I know it will work out.  Everything so far is falling into place with Shepherd perfectly, so I know this just has to be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment