Monday, March 28, 2011

5 Months Today

I haven't been updating much about this because it hasn't been in the forefront of my mind much, which I think is a very good thing.  However, I think it is time to make an update.  It has now been 5 months since I have engaged in ANY form of Eating Disordered behavior.  Which includes: restricting, binging/purging, weighing unnecessarily, obsessing about food, all of it.  I am extremely proud of myself for this.  I feel like I am really done with the food crapola.  Yes, I will still have moments where it will briefly cross my mind, but it leaves just as quickly.  My therapist told me at our last appointment that once I reach the 6 month mark, there is a MUCH greater chance of it never occurring again.  I feel so proud to have made it 5 and plan on doing everything in my power to make it to 6, and then to a year.  If I do make it to the year mark, I will plan a BIG reward for myself.  I don't know what yet, but there will definitely be something big!!

My weekend in Morgantown went very well.  My boyfriend's family was exceptionally nice.  I met his parents and both his siblings (his sister & brother) also some of his uncles and a cousin.  I also met his sister's fiancee.  We went out to dinner on Friday and then helped his sister work on her house the she is remodeling on Saturday.   Sunday we went with his grandma to church and then came back home.  It was all-around a good weekend!  I am very glad that I faced my fear and went with it.

I am currently still doing well.  I have decided to take a big step and look for a part time job.  I think I can handle it at this time.  So far, I have applied at a local CVS, Rite Aid, and Hallmark store.  Nothing yet, but we'll see.  I plan on applying more places in the coming days.  Hopefully something will take.

2 comments:

  1. Amen and Amen.
    Hallelujah
    and YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    I am so very proud of you!

    We (or maybe its just I need to get on it again) need to get back into going to church together again. I am planning on going to the women's thing next Tuesday (April 19th). Interested in going?

    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete