Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Morgantown Weekend Ahead

I have a busy weekend ahead of me!  My boyfriend and I are going to his hometown in Morgantown, WV to visit with his family.  It will be my first time meeting any of them, so I am actually quite nervous about it all.  We are leaving Friday afternoon and coming back Sunday afternoon.  I suppose I am just scared that they won't like me.  Mostly I am just scared that I will come off snobbish because of the shyness.  Often, people take me for a snob because I am so quiet when I first meet them, when in reality my mind is going 10,000 miles per hour trying desperately to think of something to say.  I get so caught up in thinking of something to say NEXT that I loose track of what is actually BEING SAID, and I have trouble following conversation.  Hopefully, though, things will all work out okay.  My boyfriend says his family is really laid back, so hopefully that will put me more at ease with everything.

I am feeling much better....thank goodness!!  My strep is gone, so now I am just waiting on the mono to go away.  I am still tired, but it is slowly getting a little better.  The strep was so bad that just having that gone alone is a HUGE relief!

My dad is doing amazingly well after his surgery.  He continues to make huge progress.  Home health and home physical therapy services have both discharged him, so now he is to start going to physical therapy at our local Wellness Center.  He sees the doctor who performed the surgery next week for his check-up, and we are all hoping the he gives my dad the OK to drive.  We think he will, and his nurses do as well.

My grandma had her 92nd birthday this past Sunday!!  I can't believe she is 92!  She is amazing for 92.  I feel so blessed to have her still as a part of my life, and for her to be in such amazing health.  She is an amazing lady.  I look up to her a lot.  She has been through a lot in her life, and it is really inspiring to me to think about.  I can only hope that I one day make it to be her age.

No comments:

Post a Comment