Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Doing Great!

I am doing really well, I am happy to report.  My boyfriend and I are doing great.  I am spending most of my time in Inwood, WV now.  We get along really well, we are serious when we need to be, but we have a lot of fun together too.  He is really funny, and just great to be around.  Our Valentine's Day was nice.  We went out to dinner and got each other gifts.  He got me a beautiful necklace.  It is my birthstone.  I have worn it almost every day since!  I made him a fleece Steelers blanket with 2 kinds of Steelers fleece.  He is a huge Steelers fan.  We've even been making dinners together, which is new.  We've been trying some recipes and cooking.  It's fun!

My dad went in for his 2nd hip replacement this past Monday.  He is doing really well.  He decided to go under spinal anesthesia instead of general.  General knocks you out a lot more.....so he wasn't nearly as sedated after.  On the day of the surgery he didn't have much pain at all and looked really good.  He said yesterday was the worst day for the pain.  I didn't get to see him because we got snow and ice and I couldn't drive.  I did spend a lot of time with him today, though, and he is in much better spirits.  He walked all the way down the hall and back and did really well.  The PT said he looks really good.  He is going home tomorrow, and I will definitely be there to help my mom with that.

My mom's birthday is tomorrow too!! Happy 58th mom!! We celebrated her birthday this weekend on Sunday, since we knew Thursday would be busy with my dad.  He is actually coming home a day earlier than we originally thought he would.  My mom was at home today while I was at the hospital waiting for Valley Health to drop off the hospital bed my dad will use while he is recovering.

I also have good news to report on the school front!  I got accepted to Shepherd!! So I will be starting this summer.  I still need to meet with an advisor, but I am definitely in.  I made the deposit last week, and told them I would be coming.  I am way excited about that!  Just a couple months, and I will be starting on my 2nd degree :)

2 comments:

  1. I was so happy to read all of this!!! Everything is working out for you right now. Congrats on getting into the program and I am so glad that everything is working out with the boyfriend. You know sometimes we hit rock bottom before everything turns around and is promising. Keep moving forward like you are and take each day as it comes. I am so happy for you and so proud of you that you have pushed yourself to move forward, it really does pay off.
    Love the updates!! Love ya Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting into Shepherd Mary! I am glad your dad's recovery is going so well too.
    Hope to see you Sunday.

    ReplyDelete