Thursday, February 3, 2011

Third time's a charm?? hopefully??

So, I told myself that after my most recent break-up I would not try another relationship for a while.  Well, sometimes what you tell yourself, is not exactly how things work out.  A bunch of things ended up happening that made me change my mind.  I decided to have one last go at this.  I met a new guy.  He lives about 25 minutes away in West Virginia.  He is 5 years older than me.  He owns his own home and has a steady income.  He is kind, good to me, cares about me, and makes me happy.  I like that he texts me through the day, talks to me on the phone, and that I haven't scared him away with my past.  He has been nothing but sweet, gentle, and understanding.  I can actually see a future with him.  I can see this working out.  I feel safe when I am with him.  I am being more guarded this time.  I am not allowing myself to fall so hard so fast (although it is difficult).  Thinking about him makes me smile, and I think that is a great start.  Sure, I still have broken feelings from last relationship, but they are starting to heal.  I am realizing that I can't go around chasing someone who can not be there for me in the way that I want them to be, and I can't wait around hoping that one day they might be.  I have to live in the present, and although it might still hurt sometimes, as my feelings grow for this new guy, I believe that the feelings from the past hurt will lessen.  If I fall flat on my face, I will be alright.  I have friends and family who will help me find my way again.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear Mary. Just do what you said and take it slow. Work at a friendship before anything, but also don't ignore the chemistry if it is there. Make sure he takes the time to understand you and the way you think and respond to things. That is very important. Also be sure to have fun. You can do this and stay strong. Do not forget to continue nurturing yourself and taking care of you:) Love ya Shauna p.s. Keep me updated

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you. take it slow Mary. Keep me updated you can and will do this you are super strong. take care of you self remember you are loved. <3 Hugs<3

    ReplyDelete