Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas.....came with ups and downs

Well, overall my Christmas was very good.  The day after, however was not.  I should have seen it coming, the tell tale signs had been there for a bit, but my relationship with the new guy ended with me being dumped.  He was not ready for a committed relationship.  Honestly, now, looking at things, I am glad to have found out now and not to have been strung along.  I was very upset at the time, and said some things that should not have been said, but I have apologized for that.  So, I am again single, but I have learned from this experience some things that I now want in a relationship, and will move forward.  I took a day where I was fairly mopey, but considering this relationship only lasted less than 2 months, I am glad I did not have more time to become more attached.  I am back on the horse.  I know now 2 things that I want in a relationship that I was NOT getting out of this one.  First, I want a Christian man.  Not someone who just puts that down as their religion, but who actually practices.  Goes to church, prays, has Jesus in their heart.  Second, I need someone who will pay me a bit more attention when we are apart.  In the little things, like a text to say "Hi, I'm thinking of you." or something like that.  This was something I was not getting out of the last relationship, that I think would be nice.  In my last post I discussed my new years resolutions, and I am very serious about them, especially the one about attending church and doing my devotional.  I really want to work on my relationship with God this year.  I accepted Christ into my heart in college, but I really want to deepen that relationship over the next year.  I want to study his word, learn more about Him, and allow him to work in my life.  I hate feeling like I am one of those Christians that gives there heart to Jesus but then doesn't do anything after that.  I really need to dig into scripture and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment