Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas is almost here!

I can't believe how quickly time passes sometimes.  Just 3 days left until Christmas.  Wow.  I went to an amazing church service this past Sunday.  The pastor was discussing the Human Condition.  We live in a time where storms often come, and we want to escape because the future may look bleak, but we need to TRUST that God cares and knows about the storm.  We all need to recognize we are broken people, and ask Jesus to help us see our sin.  We must repent.  We need to recognize our need for a Savior.  There is shelter from the storm, and his name is Jesus.  He talked about what Christmas was really about - Jesus coming to save us.  It is our responsibility to share the good news this season.  We must pray for the unsaved.  At the end of his sermon, the pastor asked anyone who felt led, to come forward to the altar for prayer.  You could come forward for prayer for yourself if you felt in the midst of the storm, prayer for strength to share Jesus with others, or prayer for certain unsaved loved ones.  I could feel the Holy Spirit moving inside me saying, "GO GO GO!".  So up I went.  I knelt amongst others, and had a hand laid on my back by an elder of the church who prayed over me.  I prayed for myself amongst the storm I have been facing with the Depression, and continued freedom from it, but more specifically, I prayed for the salvation of my sister.  God has laid her on my heart for a long time....ever since I became a Christian.  I have tried at times to reach out to her, inviting her to church with me, giving her Bibles, but to no avail.  I fear for her soul, but I honestly don't know her heart.  Her lifestyle is very different from mine, I don't know all the details, but I know she does not attend church regularly.  I just fear that she is not keeping Christ at the forefront of her life.  Now, I know I am not perfect, I know I am a sinner, I ask God everyday for forgiveness of my sins, but I feel afraid that Christ may not be in her heart.  I don't know what to do, I know it is up to her, it is just heavy on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment