Monday, November 1, 2010

Update....a GOOD one!!!

You all probably won't believe it, but....yes, that is me.  Outside, in the fresh air, out of my room and bed on a horse.  I started a new medication on last Friday, and it is working wonders.  I have a renewed energy, and hope for the future.  I feel like a new person.  I am keeping everything possible crossed that it keeps working!!  As for the details of this picture, my mom and her friend and I went horseback riding this weekend in the mountains.  It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL.  The fall colors were in peak and it was amazing.  I am so excited to see my team tomorrow and share with them the good news.  There are a few annoying side effects to this medication, but I am hoping that by tweaking the dosage some they will go away.  I am having problems with headaches, and some trouble sleeping, but the sleeping is getting a little bit better.  I realize that this medication has in no way healed me of all of my problems, but I feel like I am able to actually do the work now.  Before, it was like I had lost hope.  I just felt like I was going to live the rest of my life in my bed in that fog of depression.  I feel like running into my Psychiatrist's office tomorrow and tackling him with a big hug!!  This is actually very funny because if you know me, I am a mere 5'3" and my psych is probably well over 6'6".  Anyways, if you read this, please pray that this medication continues working for me!!

1 comment:

  1. that picture makes me so happy!
    can i ask what med(s) you are on? I'm having trouble with mine, so am currently off them to find something that works. It's a frustrating process, as I'm sure you know!

    ReplyDelete