Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I thought in light of today being Thanksgiving, I would take some time to make a list of all the things I can think of that I am thankful for right now.  I don’t know how long it will end up being, but I thought would be a good way of remembering the meaning of the day.

  1. I am thankful for my family.  They are my support team.  I love them fiercly, and would not trade them for the world.
  2. I am thankful for my friends.  Both online and in real time, all of you have touched my life in a very special way, and for that I thank you.
  3. I am thankful that I am not in the same place that I am in at this time last year.
  4. I am thankful for my Treatment Team.  They have helped me in ways I could never have imagined.
  5. I am thankful for the new relationship I am in right now, and for whatever God has in store for me.
  6. I am thankful for the new church I have found nearby to attend.
  7. I am thankful for the world wide web, e-mail, and cell phone services.  They all help me keep in contact with people that are important to me on a daily basis.
  8. I am thankful that I have a safe home, do not go hungry, and do not need for anything.
  9. I am thankful for my body, although I have had my battles with it, I am thankful that it is healthy and gets me where I need to go.
  10. I am thankful for recovery, and the process of learning more and more each day about myself.

I think this list hits on the main topics that I wanted to hit on.  I hope that this post will come in handy for me when I am feeling depressed, to help me see things in a different light.  Looking at what I DO have in my life rather that what I DON’T.

No comments:

Post a Comment