Sunday, November 21, 2010

God's Timing

Well, what a roller coaster ride I have been on for the past weeks.  It has been quite amazing and I wouldn't trade a moment of it for the world (well, so far...lol).  Let me explain myself.  When I broke up with my ex in June, to spite him, I created an account on an online dating site.  I actually paid for it, so that I could e-mail and chat with people.  Well, a certain person contacted me, and caught my attention.  We e-mailed over the summer, and for reasons beyond either of our control were unable to meet up until not this past Friday, but the Friday before.  We met for a movie at my local theater, where you can actually have a meal while watching your movie.  I had a great time, he was amazing, and I was shocked that he was actually what he had been telling me he was.  He was a real gentleman, and I just prayed that he would call me back.  Well...he did and we saw each other 4 times over the next week.  He has shown me how a girl should be treated.  For that I am forever grateful.  Even if this does not turn out to be anything, I have learned so much.  I am trying REALLY hard not to get to attached too fast, although it is proving hard.  Something definitely to work on, but I am making progress, slowly, but I am trying.  I do need to not get myself so entangled in someone else that my life comes to revolve around them, as I have done in past relationships.  So I am trying to stay active with my parents, active on facebook and such, trying to stay involved in other things as well.  It is a bit hard, because I do not have friends close to me, but I really want to make an effort to keep grounded.  I feel happy, and the medication is still working.  Things are going well.  It is actually somewhat scary for me, because I feel like it can't be right.....like anything could happen in a second and everything could come crashing down.  Like I don't deserve it.  I am trying to push those thoughts aside however, and focus on being in the moment.  Enjoying the moment for now, what it is, and taking it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment