Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nothing yet.

Well, so it turns out my NP called me with the results of my MRI.  It showed nothing.  Everything looks okay structurally.  I feel it is somewhat of a relief and a curse at the same time.  On one hand I know now I don't have another cyst and don't have to go through surgery again, but on the other we are no closer to figuring out what is wrong.  I am still set to go see my endocrinologist on the 7th, next Thursday.  I am just praying she can give me some answers.  I know she will run tons of blood work and do tests that most docs wouldn't know to do on all the hormones and such, so I am thinking maybe something will show up.  If nothing does, I am truly at a loss.  I don't know what to think.  If nothing is wrong physically it must mean that all of these symptoms are part of my medication withdrawal, or just physical manifestations of my depression.  If that's the case since I am so far into stopping the meds I may as well continue....and see what happens as all the medications leave my body.  If the symptoms improve I will know that it was med withdrawal.  If they do not, I know it is worsening depression.  If the depression is causing all of these symptoms, I seriously think I am going to consider some inpatient tx for depression.  Depression really does seem to be the underlying cause of all my problems, and if it is what is making everything worse now, I feel that more intensive treatment is necessary.  I see all of my team today, I want to try to use my voice and speak up about this.  I think I will be able to with my therapist, at least to run the idea by her, and get a feel for what she thinks about it.  I just have a sneaking suspicion that Depression may be the underlying cause here.  Of course I am terrified at the same time that that might be the case because the last thing I want is to have to go into another treatment facility, but I want to keep people informed of what I am thinking.  I truly hope that it does not come to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment