Tuesday, April 20, 2010

IN

Well.....finally I found out!  I am in for fall 2011, that's right.....2011, not 2010.  They decided to delay my acceptance to give me another year in recovery.  I am excited about getting accepted, however, not so pleased about where my honesty got me.  I feel I am ready to go now.  I was as open and honest with them as possible, because I did not want anything to come back to bite me.  My story is a long one, and maybe one day I will post it on here, but in brief consists of 4 tx centers, 5 admissions (I was in 1 tx center twice).....I've been to 3 different Universities, and 2 different Community Colleges just to get my Bachelor's, I've been on 30+ psychiatric medications over the course of 8 years all in the attempt at decreasing my ever-present depression, all of which have failed, and I've been through approx. 5-6 different diagnoses (Anorexia, Bulimia, Major Depression, EDNOS, General Anxiety Disorder, and was once actually diagnosed Bipolar even though I am not) in treatment centers or combinations thereof.  Whew.....way to spill the beans.  So I guess when you look at it from their view, I am quite daunting to take on.  I am glad they gave me a chance, though.  They must have seen some kind of sparkle of something.  It does give me an extra year to get some more Art classes under my belt, and get a better grip on my Depression, and ways to cope with the lows that I experience from time to time.  So I suppose the decision was a good one, although I feel ready now.  God has something in mind, and I know that there is a reason I am supposed to wait that extra year.

No comments:

Post a Comment