Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cancer

My uncle has lung cancer....it is official. It is stage 4. Meaning he has 6-36 months to live. The cancer is inoperable and untreatable. They can do some radiation, but it will only prolong the inevitable. Our entire family is devastated. I don't know what to say or what to do. I feel terrible. My aunt is a complete basket case. My uncle is in good spirits, but I just don't think the reality of it has really sunk in yet. My mom and I sped over there yesterday when we heard the news and cried together with my aunt. I am so glad now that I am moving home. I want to be able to spend as much time with my uncle as I can before the cancer starts getting really bad. I have got to be there for them. They have been there for me. I am so angry about all of this. My aunt and uncle were just about ready to retire. They could have really enjoyed their retirement. They loved each other so much. Why do bad things have to happen to such good people? I just don't understand. Nothing is ever going to be the same. Christmas will never be the same without him there at my grandmas. He was my "sweet potato buddy" he was the best bowler when went bowling on Thanksgiving and Christmas, when we were younger he used to take my sister and I to flea markets every Sunday and buy us stuff, take us shopping, take us to get ice cream.....who will fill those shoes? NOBODY. I will miss him so much.

1 comment: