Saturday, February 6, 2010

60 Days!!

Guess What!! 60 days today B/P free!! I am doing this!! Yes! I am so proud of myself. Yes I have had urges, and yes there have been times that I have been so close......but I did NOT give in. I am determined to make it to make it to my mom's birthday. February 24th. The big day. That will be 78 days. That will make my longest run since leaving CFC. I feel like it will mean a lot to her to be able to tell her that I have made it that long and that it is the longest period of time I have gone since leaving treatment last. I REALLY want this. My longest period before this would have been 75 days. I feel like I can make this happen. So exciting.

Art classes are going well. I survived my first critique. It was not nearly as bad as I had imagined it would be. My professor told me that my painting was very good for a first oil painting. I could have used a bit more range of value, and made the brick the the picture more realistic, but a very good effort, so I am satisfied. I feel like I can learn from this and move on to the next project. I have my next critique on Tuesday, for Drawing I and I am working on that Drawing currently. I am planning on posting a pic when I finish. It is charcoal media. We are drawing a crowded space, defining middle, back and foreground. The project is entitled "Deep-space via mark making".

My interview is approaching rapidly. I am going to prepare by trying to come up with some possible questions they might ask me, and review and study their curriculum. I think that will help me to feel less nervous about it. Of course, I am also going to be praying about it. I feel like that is all I can really do at this point. My family is going to e-mail me pictures of my art from home to build my digital portfolio.....to fulfill my 8 pieces, and that will be it. I will be prepared. If you can, and if you are willing, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers on the 12th of February, next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment