Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Today is the DAY

It has been a month now. No binging or purging. 31 days. I am incredibly proud, but I still feel like I have a lot to work on in terms of sticking to my meal plan and keeping things under wraps. The job at Jo-Ann Fabrics is still working out good. I worked a lot of hours last week and still managed to stay sane. I can work the registers now, and have a better idea of where things are in the store. The only downfall is that for some reason they seem to like putting me on the Tuesday 6:00 AM - 1:00 PM shift. It is okay, but I haven't seen that time of the morning in a VERY long time. Tuesdays are when the truck comes to make deliveries, so I am there to help unload. I have found a new passion for sewing. I have already sewn a decorative pillow for Micky and a pillowcase for me. Right now I am working on a purse and a wallet, made from that quilted material that you find on Vera Bradley stuff. The only thing is, I don't have my sewing machine here with me in Richmond, so I am doing it all by hand, but it is still fun. It helps keep my mind off of things. My dad's birthday is today. I told him part of his present was that I had been a month without binging or purging, he was overjoyed. Living with Micky is working out very well. We are getting along, but having our alone time to ourselves as well. It is really nice. I am practicing using my voice with him and choosing what activities I want to do and what I don't. Like going to his parents, seeing his sister, going here or there, etc. It has been good. I get my first paycheck this Friday, and I am excited about that too. I swear I worked almost 40 hours last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment